Like Us on Facebook
The License Department is located in the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, Room 101. The Circuit Court is located in historic Annapolis on Church Circle. Parking meters are located on Calvert Street and West Street. Parking garages are located on Calvert Street and Main Street.
- The cost is $55.00. They will accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover.
- The Circuit Court cannot accept personal checks.
- Only one person needs to apply in person at the Circuit Court.
- There is no blood test required in Maryland.
- You must provide the following information for each individual:
- Name, age, date of birth, birth place, current address & marital status. If one of the parties is in the military, they will need a home of record address.
- If either party has been married, you must have the exact month, day, year, county & state that all marriages expired. No documentation is required.
- Social Security Numbers are required for both.
- If you are 20 and under, you must present a Drivers License or Birth Certificate for proof of age.
- The application process takes less than 15 minutes. However, There is a 48-hour waiting period.
- Marriage Licenses are valid for 6 months and can only be used in Anne
- There are many laws regarding the marriage of minors.
The courts will request the date of your divorce. If you have been divorced more than once, the court wants the dates of “all” divorces. Month, day, year, county and state. Please have all the information and save yourself a trip.
Robert P. Duckworth
Clerk of the Court
410-222-1434 or 410-222-1168
Office Hours: 8:30 am – 4:00 PM